The somewhat interesting blog
From 2006 to 2013, I kept a mostly anonymous blog called ‘Zegarkus’. It was mostly an experimental site curating random things that interested me. I managed to get in just over 100 posts during its lifespan, and have imported this posts here on vonnagy.com in 2020. Some of the posts are cringeworthy, but I am fine to leave them as I feel they show how my view on the world has changed. In other regards, I’ve also found some these post to be inspirational even after almost 15 years since I wrote them. Some of my more popular posts included a curation of isometric game engines, treehouses, and ‘homemade’ trucks. Other posts are personal such as entries from my dream journals and views on religion.
Zegarkus was nickname given by a good friend who called ‘Markus Zegarkus‘ – it sounded like a magicians stage name, a fun name for this tiny blog!
- Last Post For Zegarkus. (11/12/2013) - My first post here was 6 years ago on 3 November 2007 and I will conclude my final post today on 12 Nov 2013 (or if you are numerically inclined 11-12-13 if you use American style dating). I simply haven’t had the motivation to continue blogging here. This was my first real attempt at blogging. […]
- Some more treehouses (8/5/2012) - Very long time since the last post. Forgot how much I love blogginng. Unfortunately, my ‘Treehouses of the World’ post has fallen into some disarray (dead images which I’ll try to fix up at some point). However it looks like someone on Tumblr have long since picked up the torch on treehouses. Tumblr is great […]
- Google ‘Hacker’ search (10/5/2011) - Just discovered this, google search in ‘hacker speak’ format. Google to Google Hacker here.
- Monkey from Mars – UFO Hoax (12/29/2010) - Here’s a strange little story about a UFO hoax that took place in Georgia, USA during the 1950’s. A dead, exfoliated and tail-docked monkey was used to play a practical joke on gullible UFO believers. This story was taken from here and of course wikipedia. At the height of UFO hysteria then sweeping the nation, […]
- Canvas 2D game engine – Flax.ie (9/24/2010) - Canvas is bringing some unique opportunities to the isometric gaming world. Here’s a new 2d game engine I’ve add to my isometric game engine list: The Flax Engine (henceforth called Flax) is to be a 2D game engine for the web, using features introduced in HTML5, speciﬁcally the canvas and audio tags. Flax will be […]
- How to sabotage a job opportunity (9/20/2010) - My job sometimes requires me hiring some very skilled programmers for companies. I’m no headhunter (I profession I disdain) but I am proud of the fact I’ve placed several key people into roles they love in a company that values their expertise. Overall I’ve placed about 8 people in various programming jobs. Not a high […]
- Google Blogger Custom Domains for NZ, AU Domains (9/20/2010) - I recently helped a friend set up a blogger custom domain for Australia (.com.au) and New Zealand (.co.nz) registrars. For the most part, its fairly straight forward – you can add a cname record as detailed here http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=58317. However for some registrars in New Zealand and Australia it doesn’t quite go so smoothly. The ‘www’ […]
- Unique Homemade Motorhome (9/6/2010) - Here’s yet another strange motorhome – this time its in the UK. At first glance, the sight of a tiny 1960s car inside a bus recalls the finale to movie classic The Italian Job. But engineer Graham Smith has no intention of dumping his small Fiat 500 over the side of a mountain. Instead, the […]
- Another Homemade Motorhome (9/6/2010) - I’ve come across this excellent pic of a homemade motorhome from littlelow on travelpad. I am not sure how mobile it is – it from Christchurch New Zealand. Check out my other posts on homemade motorhomes here.
- Giving up your US citizenship (8/28/2010) - Seems to be alot of talk these days about US Citizens giving up there passports to find greener pastures elsewhere in the world. A friend passed me this audio clip which provides some excellent information on terminating US citizenship: http://c2.libsyn.com/media/21366/Mark-Nestmann-Renunciation-20100825.mp3 Difference between renouncing and reliquishing Cost of giving up your US passport (overview) Can you […]
- Skilled Technical Migrants: Canada says no to IT Skills; other countries say give us your geeks… (8/28/2010) - I was just curious to check what state of IT immigration was amongst some English speaking nations of the world. To my surprise, Canada does not want any more IT Skilled labour (as of 26 June, 2010). This is the first time I’ve seen IT skills not in demand by a predominately English speaking country […]
- Quick fix for Gmail Attachments not working… (4/12/2010) - If you are experiencing some gmail attachment problems and can’t wait for google, here’s a quick work around: scroll down to bottom of screen, click Basic HTML view (between view: standard | older version | basic HTML) now attach to your email Its still bloody slow, and you might have to give a couple of […]
- Isometric Game Engine: Game Editor 1.3 (3/18/2010) - I’ve added a new 2d game editor to my list of isometric game engines: Game Editor is the open source game design software that gives you the power to create the games of your dreams, and, unlike other game creation tools, gives you the chance to get and change the source code of the game […]
- Vertical Airship Design – Modern Concept Airship (2/15/2010) - I’ve posted about Airships before – this one is quite unique in that it is vertical instead of oblong – looking a bit more like a balloon. However the concept interiors are amazing! from the website: Originally a self-generated project, Seymourpowell’s Aircruise is the concept design for a hotel in the sky, with low passenger […]
- Beautiful Treehouse Book – Traumhafte Baumhäuser (1/31/2010) - When I was in Vienna, I splurged on this book. It contain beautiful treehouse by the architects from La Cabane Perchee (www.la-cabane-perchee.com). The book is German, but the architects are based in France. Expensive book, and couple of the houses are not proper treehouses (don’t know how they got in) but well worth it if […]
- A Treehugging Treehouse (1/31/2010) - Here’s a another interesting treehouse, one that hugs a tree! This was found via http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/01/flatpack-treehouse-is-dutch-treat.php. Here’s a brief blurb: What I really love is the simplicity, the way it fastens together with the ratchet straps; just crank them tight and they hold the thing together and onto the tree. The dutch bracket on the front […]
- Wien Baumhaus (Vienna Treehouse) (1/17/2010) - I was in Hietzing, a suburb of Vienna Austria. I came across this treehouse. You can find on Neukraeftengasse. This is the dead of winter, so during summer I would image that this treehouse is almost completely hidden by leaves. See the rest of the treehouses of the world here.
- Elipse 2D game engine (12/9/2009) - Here’s another new engine I’ve added to my isometric games list: Eclipse is a free to use 2D game engine. This game creator makes online mmorpgs. No previous knowledge is necessary becouse Eclipse uses a simple point and click system. If the software does not have the requirements you need you can program it with […]