The somewhat interesting blog
From 2006 to 2013, I kept a mostly anonymous blog called ‘Zegarkus’. It was mostly an experimental site curating random things that interested me. I managed to get in just over 100 posts during its lifespan, and have imported this posts here on vonnagy.com in 2020. Some of the posts are cringeworthy, but I am fine to leave them as I feel they show how my view on the world has changed. In other regards, I’ve also found some these post to be inspirational even after almost 15 years since I wrote them. Some of my more popular posts included a curation of isometric game engines, treehouses, and ‘homemade’ trucks. Other posts are personal such as entries from my dream journals and views on religion.
Zegarkus was nickname given by a good friend who called ‘Markus Zegarkus‘ – it sounded like a magicians stage name, a fun name for this tiny blog!
- How to run a simple script Lua script from command line in Windows (2/13/2007) - originally found here: http://zegarkus.com/2007/02/13/how-to-run-a-simple-script-lua-script-from-command-line-in-windows/ Recently a ‘new to me’ programming language called Lua piqued my attention. Its a lightweight scripting that is commonly embedded in other languages such C and C++ and also used for scripting. There are other applications for it as well, such as Lua CGI and Lua Server Pages, which can be […]
- non-christian perspective on speaking in tongues (1/25/2007) - originally from here: http://zegarkus.com/2007/01/25/non-christian-perspective-on-speaking-in-tongues/ This is more of resource than an article but here are some links I have found on doing research on glossolalia – or what Christians call speaking in tongues. Normally, I would add commentary here but unfortunately time permits only to keep this post to a minimum. Definition Glossolalia: This defines […]
- Zegarkus Alternative Guitar Tuning (10/7/2006) - originally from here: http://zegarkus.com/2006/10/07/zegarkus-alternative-guitar-tuning/ I seldom leave my guitar in a regular tuning anymore. This tuning came about when I was in music school I developed tendonitus in my hands from overplaying classical guitar it was a very low tuning so it was very soft to play. It also found it to have a very […]
- The deceived of the world – apocalyptic dream 06-Jan-2005 (10/6/2006) - originally from here: http://zegarkus.com/2006/10/06/the-deceived-of-the-world/ From my journal 06-Jan-2005 I was in a huge hall. Facing me there was a massive doorway, I could see the the 12 rulers of the world at the end of the hallway. There was a strange Christlike presence telling me to enter. Upon entering, I noticed trap door immediately in […]
- Creating Version 2.0 of your programming career (10/5/2006) - The original post is from here: http://zegarkus.com/2006/10/05/create-version-2-0-of-your-programming-career/ This is article is a personal versioning of my programming career. The first version of my programming life I shall call Geek 1.0. This version of myself I was very cautious, naïve, bookish. The second stage of my programming life I shall cleverly call Geek 2.0. This is […]
- Attracting Sea Mines – dream from 29-June-2006 (10/5/2006) - Original post from http://zegarkus.com/2006/10/05/attracting-sea-mines/ From my Journal 29-June-2006 I dreamt I was swimming in the middle of the ocean. I noticed a round floating object with raised nubs that looked quite old. I climbed on this object to give myself a break from swimming. A strange feeling overcame me – this object was a mine! […]
- Your Life as a Timeline (10/5/2006) - Original post from here: http://zegarkus.com/2006/10/05/your-life-as-a-timeline/ One of the most satifying self help experiments that I have done this year is create a timeline of my life. Though I have only have done this recently, I had the idea of doing this since my early twenties (I am currently 31 at the time of this […]
- The Good Fire (short story) (9/24/2006) - This post was originally here: http://zegarkus.com/2006/09/24/the-good-fire/ its a short story I wrote in 2004. Sparks flew up into the midnight sky like lackadaisical meteors burning in the atmosphere before reaching the heavens. Ben rose and faded with them until his eyes caught a new spark that began its fateful journal skyward. A warm woolen blanket […]
- Noise Pollution (9/20/2006) - This was the originally posted here: http://zegarkus.com/2006/09/20/noise-pollution/ but moved here after problems with my original host “You ask me what is, at the present time, the great obstacle to human progress. I answer you in one word: NOISE.” Aleister Crowley – Magick without Tears, Chapter XIV At night there were no wailing sirens, shouting […]