I was just curious to check what state of IT immigration was amongst some English speaking nations of the world. To my surprise, Canada does not want any more IT Skilled labour (as of 26 June, 2010). This is the first time I’ve seen IT skills not in demand by a predominately English speaking country (French being the other national language of Canada).
- New Zealand: Skill IT Workers Desired
- Australia: Skill IT Workers Needed here and here (pdf link)
- Canada: Needs Cooks, Plumbers, and Mining Operators, but not IT Labour.
- United States – A bit more complicated, but it seems to be done through H-1B visa: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1B_visa
- United Kingdom: I couldn’t find anything specifically for IT, but it probably falls under the Highly Skill Migrant Programme. This looks like a preliminary test to judge your Academic background, earnings, age etc.