Its not all photography :
Here I am holding one of my favourite cameras, the FUJI FP-1
Kia Ora! I am an American born New Zealander, who moved to Auckland on the 20th of July 2002. Whilst I have no identity crisis, a lot of people of trying to figuring out where I am from (Americans don’t think I sound local, New Zealanders say I don’t sound like a Kiwi). Currently I am also between New Zealand and Canada for various projects! This is why I always viewed myself as a ‘Citizen of the World’ as opposed to getting hung up on nationalities!
This website has information on several of my personal projects including New Zealand photography, analogue photography and my work projects involving Online Republic, Outlier Cartel, and Tahsis Farm. Regarding my photography, I have been taking photos since I was about 12 and was an early adapter of the digital SLR shooting a Canon EOS 1D. By 2007, my passion for photography had waned. When I learned that Polaroid was going out of business, I bought a cheap Polaroid camera and shot film for the first time in years – and a passion was rekindled! These days however, photography (whether digital or analogue) is just hobby – though an obsessive one.
Whether its the startup-gone-big Online Republic, our ‘gypsy’ brewery Outlier Cartel or my first truly regional and land based business, Tahsis Farm; I am passionate about business and how it can make a difference in peoples lives.
I am currently between New Zealand and Canada with my partner and love of my life Barbara.
History of my personal websites.
Vonnagy.com has become the home of most of my personal websites – 6 of them to be precise. These were all different projects at different times in my life, but now reside here on vonnagy.com. These websites ranged in topics, themes, domain names, and servers. Some have been around since 2002, some were largely anonymous until now. See below to read more.
- Vonnagy.Blogspot.com – This was my first blog, I used Google Blogger for this, the dates active for this blog are from 2003 – 2008. This was my first attempt at blogging and also came at a time where I was teaching myself alot about photography. Most of the content is poor, but it shows my learning process. The posts from this blog were imported to my site in September of 2020.
- Portwaikato.com – This was a themed blog, first hosted on drupal, then on blogger. It documents my photo outings to Port Waikato – active from 2005 to 2009, when it was imported to blogger.com. Click here to see my Port Waikato Blog and Gallery
- Zegarkus.Blogspot.com – This was an anonymous blog that I started in 2007 and did my final post in 2013. The name came from my friend who called me ‘Markus Zegarkus’. This was a more serious attempt at blogging, there are some posts there that I am proud of, other posts which were pretty silly. I did own a domain for this but I let it lapse and it got picked up by a domain spammer. Click here to visit the zegarkus blog.
- ApocalypticPost.com – This was my first themed blog – I was really into (and still am!) the Post Apocalyptic genre! This blog was active from 2009-2017. Apocalyptic Post can be found here on my website.
- Kraxn.io – Similar to above, this was a blog I created in 2018 for art projects, including a year of sketches I made with the sketch a day app. I also used this blog to do some technical posts on some programming languages I was experimenting around with. The last post was in April of 2020. Kraxn is Viennese slang for a old car, machine or device that is barely operable. See my entire year of sketch-a-day drawings, and visit the blog here.
- Asylon.org – This blog came forth as a long reflection in technology. Asylon comes from the Greek word sanctuary: It combines the prefix a, without; and sŷlon, right of seizure. It means all which can not be seized or plundered. This blog was active from 2019 to early 2020. Go to vonnagy.com/asylon to read more.
- Parahanga.com – This is my New Zealand analogue photography blog – active since 2009. It is still active, just on this domain at https://vonnagy.com/parahanga/