Halcydon ID: Unique Domain Names for Sale
Your Domain is your identity
Halcydon.com is a new project that I have started with my wife. Since working several startups, I have alot of experience with domain and a lot of passion for it. We decided to have fun and discover domains that can fulfill a unique niche. Having bought thousands of domain over the last 20 years, I found it extremely frustrating to get casual domain parking pages with arbitrary prices with no reference to the domain history, keyword traffic, sales comparision and other valuable data. Many market places will not investigate these factors as they are likely to spurn away potential buyers. Caveat Emptor when buying from these resources!
We do our homework for you – these are all things we do before listing our domains:
- We check the history for spam. There is nothing worse than buying a new domain and finding that its reputation has been tarnished by spam. This can immediately wreck the domains reputation, and takes a lot of time and work resolve. It is seldom worth the effort. From what I can see, no other domain selling offers this information, or at least to extent we do! Don’t fall in love the domain until you do a few simple background checks. Before buying any domain please check archive.org and/or get a report of the domain from domaintools.com
- We check the backlinks for spammy links. Similar to above, a bad backlink problem may take years to resolve. See my own story with this domain. We use tools such as SEO spyglass, DomCop, Majestic, as well as few other tools to check rogue backlinks. We do not sell our domains as private blog networks for search engine optimisation, even if some of our domains have good backlinks!
- We investigate domain sales histories and domain listings carefully. We aim to find the most competitive and fair price. Some domain prices will surprise you – either being more and even less than the listing price. We aim to be competitive. We scour though previous domain sale listings and also current price listings. We use Namebio and DNjournal for domain sales histories; we typically only look at the past 5 years of history as we want to represent the most current pricing. We also look current listings (such as Sedo) to evaluate current market prices to make our pricing attractive as possible!
- Our domains are listed on a variety of platforms including popular ones such as Sedo, Godaddy, and brandpa. For some listings, we also can do a direct escrow.
- Wherever possible, we target niche categories, terms and phrase that offer both branding and search engine optimisation opportunities.
- We target unique words: uncommon English words, under represented high volume keywords, international, regional terms, 2 word domains often overlooked by other sellers. We analyse the traffic of the keywords via Google Keyword Planner, SpyFu, Keyword Keg among other tools.
- We love classic top level, generic domains (.com, .net, .org) and we also think domains created from domain hacks are clever and memorable! You’ll find a variety of choices on our website.
- Our goal is to sell these domains, not hoard them. Not only do we take great care carefully choose our domains; we craft copy that will put the domain in the best light for people who happen to land on the page. The landing pages for our domains serve as springboard for your own research.
We are happy to tell you more about our process, we believe that having an informed decision carries.
So visit Halcydon.com for the best domains for sale: